Cardo’s Farm Project is a community farm and education center that serves the Denton Community by providing healthy food grown in harmony with the natural environment, and farm-based educational opportunities. The farm is located in Ponder, TX. The CFP Summer Camp program provides opportunities for young people to gain a deeper understanding of the significance of the farm in our lives, as well as develop self-confidence, problem solving, and community building skills.
This Summer Camp position is an opportunity for a dedicated educator to gain experience in the field of Farm-Based Education. This is a part-time, short-term position, with future opportunities to develop the Farm-Based Education programming at CFP. The Summer Camp Educator is responsible for developing curriculum and projects, and teaching in our active, out door, farm environment. This Educator will work with children ages 4&5.
June 3-5, three day training session and project planning, 8:30am-4:30pm
June 10-28, M-F Camp, 8:30am-1:00pm
– Develop and teach developmentally summer camp projects/curriculum that use the children’s garden, farm, and farm animals to engage children in hands-on activities that promote environmental awareness and humanitarian values.
– Coordinate with Cardo’s Farm Project staff to ensure a safe environment for all visitors to the farm.
– Previous teaching experience, experience with pre-k preferred
-Experience, skills or abilities with any of the following: farm-based education, gardening, outdoor education or wilderness experience, social and environmental justice, craft, art, music or culinary, environmental science, natural history, ecology, community building, conflict resolution
-Flexible, self-directed, organized and goal-oriented. Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, handle pressure well and have a sense of humor.
– Enjoy working with children and be excited about learning.
– First aid and CPR certifications
– A strong commitment to the mission of Cardo’s Farm Project.
$570 stipend and possibility of room and board. CFP does not obtain liability insurance, individual will be responsible for any accident or injury that may incur on the farm.
Application Deadline: March 29.Please email a cover letter, resume, and contact information for 3 references to:
Founder and Director