FARM SHARES WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE ON AUGUST 1, 2013!!
Value and Variety:
A Farm Share provides you with 5-7 varieties of vegetables, valued at a minimum of $20.00, per week. Throughout the fall growing season the vegetables will vary, but the shares will largely include fall greens, roots, and squashes.
Shareholders will also have the option to purchase eggs, flowers and other bonus items during weekly Farm Share pickups.
The 2013 Fall CSA Farm Share season will begin mid-September and end early-December, a total of 12 weeks. The first pickup of the Farm Share season will be September 19th.
Farm Share pickup will be every Thursday evening from 5-7pm, on the farm at 1599 Mingo Rd. If necessary, shareholders will have the option to pick up on Fridays between 8am and 8pm.
Pickup will be set-up market style, meaning that shareholders will handpick their produce. Any produce that is not picked up before Fridays at 8pm will be donated to a local soup kitchen or given to volunteers.
One Farm Share costs a total of $245 (about $20/wk X 12weeks). Payments are accepted online (find link below). Payment plans are available for those in need, to inquire about the payment plan option please email Amanda@Cardosfarmproject.com .
It is necessary that everyone understand the policies and the agreement posted below before purchasing a Farm Share.
Cardo’s Farm Project Farm Share Policies:
- Shareholders must be able to comply with the scheduled pickup times, Thursday evenings or Fridays between 8am-8pm, for most CSA pickups. However, our farm can accommodate occasional prearranged farm pickups on alternative days if absolutely necessary.
- One Farm Share per Shareholder per week. Extra shares will not be distributed as “make-ups” for a missed pickup.
- After the final Farm Share scheduled pickup times, all neglected shares will be donated to a soup kitchen or given as volunteer appreciations.
- Your Farm Share can be picked up by friends or family.
Cardo’s Farm Project Farm Share Agreement:
- The revenue generated by our farm’s Farm Share Program equals about half of our annual vegetable-sales. By investing in this program, shareholders are making possible the mission-based work of Cardo’s Farm Project and contributing to the success of the Denton’s local food movement. We greatly appreciate your investments and agree to provide our shareholders with diverse varieties and healthily grown, quality produce.
- By purchasing a Cardo’s Farm Project Farm Share, the shareholder agrees to understand the risks and benefits of small-scale, local agriculture and that there is no guarantee of the exact amount of produce to be received each week.
FALL FARM SHARES SOLD OUT! Email Amanda@cardosfarmproject.com to be added to next season’s waiting list.